The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers having to devise alternative, often remote or virtual methods to interact with health care providers and patients. Some of these activities had already raised heightened scrutiny from enforcement authorities before the pandemic. But the necessity of the situation continues to drive these interactions in increasing numbers, without tried and true compliance techniques to address potential risks.
This webinar will identify and analyze some of these key trending compliance challenges facing life sciences entities, including:
- Arrangements with Electronic Health Records Providers (including an examination of the recent Practice Fusion settlement);
- Arrangements with telemedicine organizations and structures;
- HUB services and call center arrangements; and
- Arrangements with patient organizations and medical societies.
The program will examine both traditional compliance risks as well as novel challenges and risks that accompany changes in business operations arising amidst the coronavirus pandemic. The speakers will focus on helping to identify the specific risk issues that are most likely to arise, including how some of these risks may already be a focus of investigations and enforcement efforts. In addition, this session will provide recommendations and suggestions on compliance measures that companies might employ to address these novel risks.
Attendees Will Gain Awareness Of The Following:
- New and evolving methods to interact with health care providers and patients
- Novel compliance risks associated with these new and evolving methods
- Ongoing investigations and enforcement actions
- The sometimes conflicting messages of government policy statements and enforcement activities
- Proactive steps to get out in front of compliance and create protections as your company enters into these new areas
Top Reasons To Attend:
- Understand and appreciate the new ways in which companies are expanding interactions with health care providers and patients
- Learn how to identify the key risks associated with new and changing activities
- Understand benchmarking data about what companies are likely to continue doing in a post-pandemic environment
- Get a picture of what types of enforcement are already ongoing, and what is likely to be forthcoming
- Develop insights into how to address potential risks for your company
- You will be able to understand how best navigate the changing environment from both a business and compliance perspective